A Merlin Mann – Quick Keyboard Tip for when working with text
A Podcast I listened to featuring Merlin Mann
Listening to the podcast called Back to Work with Merlin Mann in it and Dan Benjamin. For nearly the whole podcast is was a love fest between the two, Dan saying how great Merlin is and the other direction too. The right at the end Merlin came up with a couple of keyboard tips that I think are great when you are working with text. perhaps I should have know about these but I didn’t.
Keyboard text tips.
- Cmd – left arrow = move to the beginning of the current line. Cmd – Shift – Left Arrow = Select the text to the beginning of the line.
- Obviously same again but with right arrow going to the right.
- Option – left arrow = moves the insertion point/cursor one word to the left Option – Shift – Left Arrow = selects to the left one word at a time from the current position of the cursor
- Same again with the right arrow going right.
- Cmd – Up Arrow = Cursor to the beginning of the document Cmd – down Arrow = Cursor to the end of the current text document.